During a 14-hour journey between three Australian states, a prominent anti-vaccine advocate claims she somehow obtained entry to two planes without a face mask or vaccination passport.
On Sunday, Anna-Rose Richards, who was banned from Instagram last year for spreading fake news about Covid-19, posted a series of Instagram stories documenting her journey from Perth to the Gold Coast via Hobart and a diversion to Hobart.
Because the state’s borders are closed until February 5, it is not possible to book a seat from there on any flights to other capital cities. When Richards found out that one of Tasmania’s planes departed every week, she seized the chance.
In her lengthy tales, she boasted about her ‘flawless strike rate’ and repeatedly stated “I know my rights” as she navigated various Covid regulations.
Before realising she might be discovered out on arrival at Hobart Airport, Richards stated that she scoured every government website and regulation to ensure she squeezed through every crack, but never actually broke any rules.
‘I get off the plane, and everyone is showing their phone. “F**k” I thought. I was instantly aware that I had unintentionally neglected a crucial piece of information.’
‘On reflection, I can see that there were a few.’
Richards neglected to take into account that all visitors to Tasmania must be vaccinated and have registered their details with the government before arrival.
‘I did not have any,’ she responded. ‘And I didn’t wear a mask.’ However, she added, ‘But I am well-informed on my rights.’
When asked why she didn’t show a non-existent vaccination passport to state border authorities, Richards stated that she remained cheerful and refused to do so.
The influencer, who claimed she was detained by four cops and threatened with hotel quarantine on the Gold Coast, said: ‘Sir, I’m not leaving this airport; I’m going to the Gold Coast and I’m not going into hotel quarantine.’
She was eventually let through the barriers after her connecting flight arrived, according to Richards.
‘I’m sitting in the Hobart departures lounge, sipping a glass of bubbles, having barely avoided hotel quarantine,’ she added.
We contacted the Tasmanian Department of Health and Richards for comment.
After making a strange speech about the government’s Covid policies and bragging about her “very rich, very powerful friends,” she took a selfie at home on the Gold Coast.
Twitter users were critical of the campaign, with one person stating that it was ‘annoying/distressing for all those [she] may infect.’
‘Throw her in jail,’ one user wrote. Another chimed in: ‘Some immuno-compromised passengers on board are undoubtedly affected. Throw her in prison.’
A range of others simply said: ‘What the f**k.’
Although Western Australia has only a dozen known active cases of Covid-19, it is conceivable for asymptomatic people to infect others with the virus.
On Monday, Queensland experienced an outbreak of more than 4,249 new infections and one death. Dr John Gerrard, the state’s chief health officer, warned that millions of residents would become infected in a few weeks’ time if precautions were not taken.
The number of patients being treated in ICU has increased to 10, while the proportion of hospitalised individuals has grown to 147 – up from 112.
Dr Gerrard added: ‘We have over 20,000 open cases in Queensland and just one patient on a ventilator last night.’
‘We’re all going to be exposed in the coming weeks. Even if you’ve already received two doses of the vaccine, you may still become infected. That is why it is so important to get the third vaccination.’
Netflix Is Getting Involved In The Meghan And Harry Saga
Fans of the British royal family were ecstatic when it was announced in May that Netflix will release an “At Home With” style documentary series focusing on none other than royal rebels Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Duke and Duchess of Sussex (via Page Six). The pair, who now live in California with their two children, struck a lucrative distribution deal with Netflix to share their life story.
According to several sources, the film’s release date has been evolving for weeks; will Netflix be able to air it in time with Prince Harry’s much-anticipated memoir, which is set to be published this fall, or will it not appear on screens until next year? A rep for Netflix stated at the time, “The announcement has not been made yet, and things are still in flux” (Page Six).
However, new information suggests that Netflix is attempting to capitalize on the fuss surrounding the royal family by releasing Meghan/Harry, a documentary series at the same time they release the next season of their blockbuster hit, “The Crown.”
What Netflix is aiming to do
Netflix is working “extremely hard” to release the docuseries about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex by the end of the year, according to an inside source, in order for it to be available on living rooms throughout the world in time for both Prince Harry’s upcoming tell-all book and the network’s own royal drama “The Crown.”
“There’s a lot to organize and a lot of things going on here,” said one source to Page Six. “Netflix wants to make sure they don’t get scooped by Harry’s book, so they’re coming in hard.” The fifth season of “The Crown” is set to premiere on Netflix this November (via BTV). The final season will pick up in the 1980s, focusing on the marital issues faced by Princess Diana and Prince Charles, Harry’s parents.
It’s uncertain whether Netflix will be able to actualize this mythical combination, but we’ll keep you informed!
Instagram knows you don’t like its changes. They don’t care.
Instagram has released numerous improvements in recent years in an attempt to transition from a social media platform to an e-commerce behemoth, messaging application, and, most recently, a short-form video discovery platform comparable to TikTok.
Now this public identity crisis is bleeding into its user base.
Adam Mosseri, the head of Instagram, addressed the situation on Tuesday morning in a bid to prevent further damage. Wearing a bright yellow pullover and facing the camera, he attempted to quieten a mounting rebellion from prominent Instagrammers.
On Sunday, Kim Kardashian West and other high-profile personalities shared a black-and-white image that read: “Make Instagram Instagram Again. (Stop trying to be TikTok I just want to see cute photos of my friends.) Sincerely, everyone.” The viral story, written by a 21-year-old influencer named Tatiana Bruening, has more than 1.9 million likes as of Wednesday morning.
In the video, Mosseri explained that the app was in transition and that some features, such as a full-screen feed, were simply tests. “There’s a lot going on on Instagram right now,” he said. “We’re experimenting with a number of different changes to the app, and so we’re hearing a lot of concerns from all of you.” But the rapid succession of new features and tests has prompted even its most devoted users to ask if Instagram itself understands what it’s doing.
“Instagram has become overcrowded with so many different types of content happening at the same time,” Bruening said. “Everyone has been feeling the same thing at the same time, but a lot of people have been too afraid to say anything.”
Many changes to the app have been made, including but not limited to: eliminating chronological timelines, elevating photo posts, and downplaying algorithmic discovery. A Change.org petition initiated by Bruening aims to restore many of these features, including a chronological timeline, priority for photo postings, and removing the Reels video tool. By Wednesday morning, it had more than 190,000 supporters.
Instagram, which has more than 1 billion monthly active users as of 2021, is still vulnerable to competition from TikTok, which boasts about 400 million monthly active users. While Instagram continues to outpace TikTok in terms of total number of users, short-form video app use has exploded in recent years. In 2020, TikTok became the most-downloaded app in the world, and its young user base began spending more time on it than Instagram and Facebook. The earnings report from Instagram’s parent firm Meta is expected to be published on Wednesday, and it will show if TikTok has harmed its market share.
The Instagram controversy has spilled over into the physical realm. Last Saturday, several dozen content producers gathered outside the firm’s New York headquarters to protest its restrictive community standards and modifications that make locating new users difficult.
How to fix your ‘trash’ Instagram feed — at least temporarily
However, the organization is attempting to move closer to the entertainment world. According to a person familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity, Instagram owner Meta is establishing an advisory board that will include top entertainment executives, managers, and publicists. The plan has been in the works for over a year, but outreach to possible board members began this week. The board will not focus on specific product improvements, but rather on how Meta may collaborate with the entertainment industry more closely. Others, on the other hand, believe Instagram’s intentions may yet be validated because only the platform has the data to see what is and isn’t working.
The fact that Instagram is putting out so much effort to challenge its basic purpose of connecting with friends and relatives, according to some pundits, speaks to how radically social media has evolved. “Making that content harder to access shows the competitive landscape they’re in right now,” said Matt Perault, director of the Center on Technology Policy at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. “It might be totally necessary that they pivot, but that doesn’t mean that they’ll succeed in this new world.”
Instagram will have to pay attention to the proper people and navigate the fallout from either side if it wants to weather the storm. “There’s a war between people who want Instagram to be more like Snapchat and people who want it to be more TikTok,” Woodbury said. “Right now the former group is larger and louder.”
Inside Khloé Kardashian’s Huge Baby News With Tristan Thompson
Sources tell TMZ that Khloé Kardashian is expecting a baby via surrogate with her ex-boyfriend Tristan Thompson. According to a spokesperson for Kardashian, the news is true. Us Weekly reported that the confirmation read: “Khloé is incredibly grateful to the extraordinary surrogate for such a beautiful blessing. We’d like to ask for kindness and privacy so that Khloé can focus on her family.” The baby was conceived in November, implying the surrogate should deliver any time between August and September.
Kardashian and Thompson already have a daughter named True, but the good news is somewhat tempered by the fact that the pair are no longer together. More so, Thompson stated that he had cheated on Kardashian with fitness trainer Maralee Nichols during the pregnancy – and that he fathered a kid with her (via The U.S. Sun). “Khloé, you don’t deserve this,” he wrote in an Instagram post. “You don’t deserve the heartache and humiliation I have caused you.”
Unfortunately, Thompson’s vow of fidelity proved to be as insincere as his relationship with Kardashian. Just months later, the couple called it quits after a model accused him of getting too cozy with her, according to Page Six. He was also photographed attending a soiree at which he entered a notorious “hookup room” with three other females. Many people thought the two had split up following these things, but the latest statement has them wondering where they stand now.
Are two-time parents Khloé and Tristan back together?
In the case of Khloé Kardashian’s pregnancy, history is repeating itself. In early 2022, when she was recording “The Kardashians,” Khloé experienced one of the most difficult periods in her life, discovering Tristan Thompson’s latest indiscretion. After years of marriage, it was revealed that four years ago, he had been cheating on her while she was pregnant with their daughter True, who is now three (via Insider). Not to mention, with her younger sister Kylie’s best friend, Jordan.
Although she is concentrating on having a second kid, Kardashian is focusing on becoming a mother for the second time. According to ET Online, a source said, “The two have long said they wanted True to have a sibling, and Khloé even told her family she’d do it without Tristan if she needed to.” Her doctor, according to Us Weekly, informed her that if she tried to conceive naturally again, she was at high danger of having a miscarriage. Which is why Kardashian and Thompson decided to move forward with a surrogate. Page Six has also reported that the pair will be welcoming a baby boy, as “Khloé has always wanted a little brother for True.”
Fans want to know if this means Kardashian and Thompson are back together. No, according on the ET source: “The two aren’t together and Khloé will have the baby full time, but Khloé wants Tristan in both the kids’ lives as much as he wants to be.” The two had already been cordial for the family’s sake. The pair not only watched True’s dance recital together on Father’s Day 2022, but they also had lunch with the rest of the extended Kardashian family afterwards, as reported by TMZ.