What is EDC?
Electric Daisy Carnival or EDC is an annual music festival with multiple locations. EDC is a massive rave party that goes on for multiple days. EDC typically takes place in June during the time of year when school is out for break but has been temporarily moved to October in lou of COVID. EDC is an ALL DAY event-from dusk to dawn where EDM artists are performing on different stages throughout
the city where EDC is being held.
WHAT SHOULD I PACK FOR EDC?
Packing for an EDC may be daunting. After all, you’re in Las Vegas! This isn’t some festival in the middle of nowhere; you’re at a party! In addition to everything you’ll want to bring with you in order to appear and feel your best at the event, you’ll undoubtedly desire to visit the clubs while on the strip. We’ll go through the essentials of what to bring to Electric Daisy Carnival in this article.
● Swimsuits and coverups for days at the pool when on the strip are a must have
● Sunglasses and sunscreen to protect your eyes and skin from the harsh Vegas sunshine
● Dressy clothes, as well as dress shoes, are required for nights at the clubs in the city.
● During the day, you can wear anything from comfy sneakers to more formal attire while sightseeing in the city. You’ll be on your feet a lot!
● Festival outfits or EDC Swag for Days 1, 2, and 3
● For chilly desert nights, a light jacket or outerwear is recommended.
● To the Festival, you’ll want comfortable shoes or boots. (Platforms are acceptable as well)
● Poncho – excellent in the event of rain, and it gives a clean spot to sit down.
● Your ticket (the EDC now has a mobile app, so you may simply scan with your phone)
● Kandi will be traded and given away so dont forget yours!
● A sign to help you and your buddies locate one another without difficulty.
● If you’re running to get another bottle of water, why not bring along your
favorite camel back? A hydration pack makes it simple to stay hydrated while also saving money.
● Lip balm and gum that haven’t been opened – you’ll make friends fast!
● Don’t miss out on any Instagram-worthy moments because your phone is dead! A portable phone charger – you won’t miss a chance to snap a photo!
● Hand sanitizer of course!
WHAT TIPS ARE THERE FOR FIRST TIME EDC ATTENDEES?
Don’t be concerned if you’re a little anxious and looking forward to your first EDC.We’ve all been there, and the event is run on the PLUR ideology – peace, love, unity, and respect. There’s no need to be concerned about fitting in since you will as long as you are yourself. Here are some pointers for first-time EDC goers.
1. Stay hydrated: There’s nothing appealing about becoming dehydrated, and if you don’t prepare in advance, it’s exactly what will happen. Make sure you bring a hydration pack with you. Yes, there are water bottles and hydration packs available at the festival, but why not bring your own?
2. Schedule the sets: There’s a lot going on at EDC, and you’re undoubtedly going to want to see a lot of different artists. Make sure you check out the lineup ahead of time so you can rank which acts are must-sees. You can’t see them all, so having a strategy before hand will come in handy.
3. Use the EDC app: EDC has a mobile application which you can use to check out the lineup, set up your schedule and interact with fellow EDC attendees. Download it before attending EDC!
4. Carpool if you can: Because the event is going to be so crowded, save time and aggravation by driving with Uber or Lyft. If you must drive to the event, take a photo of where you parked (signage, etc) or drop a pin so you can find it later. When you’re exhausted, the last thing you want to do is search for your car in a parking lot.
Bring a portable charger: You’ll undoubtedly need to take a lot of photographs and video at your first EDC, and that will deplete your phone’s battery in no time. Bring a portable charger with you so you can juice up on the road. You don’t want to be the one person who can’t be found at the end of the night because their phone died!
5. Dress for comfort: The EDC is a huge event, so you’ll be walking as well as dancing all night long. Make sure your shoes are comfortable – we can’t say that enough! If at all possible, spend the day in them ahead of time to ensure that your favorite pair is everything you want on your feet all day long during the festival. It will be a lot more pleasurable to dance the night away if you are comfortable!
6. Find some time to chill: The EDC is designed to be as simple for novice ravers as possible, but it may be intimidating at first. There are several quiet areas at the festival that are meant to assist you relax, so don’t be afraid to take advantage of them if you need a moment’s rest. The rides are ideal for taking a little break from the craziness of the event while still feeling like an active participant. Arrive early and get your bearings: If you’re concerned about getting lost at the festival or feeling overwhelmed, arrive early for the first day. You’ll have more room to explore the grounds and get your bearings, and you’ll be surrounded by far fewer people in all of your pictures.
Whether you’re attending your first or fifteenth Electronic Dance Music Festival in 2021, you’ll undoubtedly have a great time among all of that positive energy. Whatever you choose to wear or which performances you want to see, just be yourself and have a good time! And of course, don’t forget to drink plenty of water and get some sleep – you’ll need it!